Waxie Sanitary Supply, a leading distributor of sanitary supplies and equipment, hired Layton to construct their new LEED-Silver Certified facilities in Mesa, AZ.
The concrete tilt-up building features a warehouse, office and mezzanine as well as numerous sustainable features including:
- Alternate parking spaces for fuel-efficient vehicles and carpooling
- Bike racks with showering facilities to encourage alternate transportation
- Recycled and regional materials such as concrete, stone and steel
- Reflective roofing and efficient HVAC systems to reduce energy costs
- Water conservation through native plants and efficient toilets & fixtures
Layton spent many hours researching and discovering alternative materials that were approved by the architect and engineers as substitutes for what was specified. These products enabled Waxie to receive a strong LEED Silver Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council as well as provided value engineering and buyout savings for the owner.