Dec. 23, 2009
The Portneuf Medical Center project celebrated a construction milestone--the final piece of steel being hoisted into place on the building's frame and the facility reaching its maximum height--with a steel topping out ceremony on Dec. 16, 2009. Layton Construction Co., Inc. is completing a six-story addition and multiple renovations to the 350,000-square-foot hospital to consolidate Portneuf's east and west campuses.
Layton currently has 200 workers on site performing everything from site work to overhead rough-in. Because of their hard work, the project has noted several milestones:
- 5,843 tons of demolition has been completed
- 27,332 cubic yards of earth has been moved
- 11,300 cubic yards of concrete has been placed
- 2,800 tons of steel has been erected
- miles of pipe and conduit have been installed
The project is currently two weeks ahead of schedule and is on track to be complete in June 2011.
# # #