July 31, 2013
University of Utah football coach Kyle Whittingham says he can't wait to recruit to the new Spence and Cleone Eccles Football Center, built by Layton Construction Co., Inc.
"It's something that we can't wait to recruit to," Whittingham told KSL reporter Jeremiah Jensen. "It is one thing to talk to recruits and show them the plans and show them the video of what it is going to look like, show them the building in progress, but to actually walk them through it and say, here is your facility. That's a whole different deal."
He says the new state of the art facility now keeps up with the stadium, also built by Layton Construction.
The new 120,000 square foot center is ready for the 2013 season and meets the football program's need for additional space as well as PAC 12 guidelines. Among other features, it houses:
• Hydrotherapy Pools and Clinic & Exam Area/ Rehabilitation Area
• 160-Seat Auditorium
• Hall of Fame
• Team Locker Room
• Sauna & Steam Room
• Ten Team Breakout Classrooms/Meeting rooms
• Two 80-Seat Offensive/Defensive Classrooms
• Players’ Lounge (Theater, Pool Table, Foosball Table, T.V./Gaming etc.)
• Cafeteria and Supplement/Nutritional Areas
For the full KSL story visit: http://www.ksl.com/?sid=26210314&nid=840